Sarna otodécica


Sworn Translator in South Africa



You may require the services of a sworn translator (sworn in in the High Court of South Africa) if you need a legal document translated for use in court or for other legal purposes. The Department of Home Affairs in South Africa requires sworn translations of documents used in permanent residency and citizenship applications and applications for overseas work permits may also call for certified translations. A certified translation must bear the stamp and signature of a sworn translator.

Examples of documents that may need certified translation:

  • Contract
  • Passport
  • License
  • Police clearance certificate
  • Affidavit
  • Medical record
  • Insurance policy
  • Birth Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • School Transcript
  • Diploma